Friday 24 August 2012

Nearly Finished and Finished

Hello, it's been a week since I wrote anything, perhaps because not much is happening here except for soaking up the end of the summer holidays - last week next week... unfortunately :(

The conservatory is in it's end stages, though it's bank holiday on Monday so not much will happen this weekend... sigh, had hoped it would be finished by today, but should only be Tuesday until it's completed.




I finished Imogen's throw, sewed in the pesky ends (my least favourite part) and she snuggled up under it while having a nap. Bit of a lopsided picture I'm afraid!


I have to mention this because I was so surprised. We were in one of the supermarkets earlier on and as we left Imogen ran up to ... are you ready for this... a grotto for Father Christmas... it's August! Don't get me wrong, I understand preparations, gifts and cards being made, but not Father Christmas in the shops yet surely! Where's the anticipation... goodness me... OK, I've finished but would be interested to hear what others think about it... :)

Take care
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOVE Christmas and like to start my crafting and handmade gifts in plenty of time, but even that is too early for me! A grotto, in August? That's just wrong! I think end of Sept/early Oct is acceptable to start selling mince pies etc but I don't want to see a grotto until at least November! Maybe it's just me! Have a great weekend Cheryl. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think it was just me, wonder if it's Asda throughout the country? Have a good w/end too. x

      Delete
  2. How exciting to have a conservatory being built. I hope it gets finished very soon.
    The throw looks gorgeous, kids big and small love snuggling under blankets don't they!
    August is definately to early to have Christmas stuff in the shops. Making gifts at home during the year for Christmas pressies if different, that's just being organised. In the shops, no way.
    Have a fab weekend,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I love comfy throws and blankets to snuggle with too. x

      Delete
  3. Your conservatory is going to look fab! I bet you're looking forward to having it finished and decorated. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your conservatory is going to be fabulous ... can't wait to see the end results! Totally agree about the 'C' word (can't even say it in August) it should at least wait until autumn! Have a lovely weekend,

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The conservatory looks great, cant wait to see the finished and furnished result.
    Like Claire, I cant bear to mention the C word yet, we havent even had our summer holiday yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, WAY too early for Christmas decor. It's one thing if the shop is selling supplies for Christmas crafts or something, but personally I like my holidays one at a time, so I don't want to see anything Christmas until after American Thanksgiving in late November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, much too early for Christmas advertising. It seems to get earlier every year. Soon we will be buying Halloween candy in May!!! Glad the conservatory is almost finished. I know you are anxious to be able to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. When I was a child the christmas grotto was an area you walked through like a magical cave, decorated for Christmas. Now it seems to just be an area for Father Christmas to sit in. It means a cave area that's been handmade... I believe...

      Delete
  9. Hello Cheryl,

    Thats nuts!!! Father Christmas in August....talk about commercializing Christmas even more. That takes all the enchantment out of Christmas! )-:
    Your conservatory is looking really good....won't be long now and you'll be sitting in it sipping a cuppa LOL

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I agree with what everyone else comments here C is in December not August! tut!!!

      A xx

      Delete
  10. Hahaha...I'm so glad someone asked what a grotto is...I had no idea either! August is WAY too early to even think about Christmas...Novemeber is perfect. Soon the whole year will be one celebration after another, without any break at all! Hang on...it's almost like that now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments