Monday 6 August 2012

Throws and Bobbles

I've made a start on Imogen's throw to go over her chair bed. So far I've crocheted a Granny Stripe throw/blanket and ones made up from Granny Squares, I'm now used to crocheting trebles and double crochet, so thought I should try something else. I flicked through my book The encyclopedia of Crochet techniques by Jan Eaton and fancied having a go at the bobble stitch, I think it looks so pretty. I'd really like to crochet bobbles in a contrasting colour, but thought I'd better walk before running! I'm really pleased with how it's progressing, and Imogen loves it - very girlie!


pale pink and green bobbles


It's about the width of a single blanket and I'd like to make it long enough to snuggle on the bed if she wants to.

Outside in the back garden is a bit chaotic. We've just had the small back porch knocked down and the fence (with gate) in preparation for our new conservatory.




Tomorrow I think they'll be taking out the window from the dining room and fitting french doors and perhaps starting on the foundations. We have all the bits and pieces from the porch (how did we fit it all in there!) in the kitchen and dining room - chaos! Imogen has a friend staying tonight, so I think we may pop them in the car and take them out somewhere, just need the rain to hold off.

Take care
xxx



13 comments:

  1. Ooh that throw is looking lovely Cheryl, I haven't tried bobble stitch yet - looks a bit complicated?
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's quite easy, I'll pop on a post later to show :)

      Delete
  2. Wow - i can't believe how much you have done already on it! you must be really proud of that!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, the blanket looks gorgeous.Such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is looking great, you are inspiring me to try harder with my crochet! Your mix of colours and textures is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cheryl
    Congratulations Cheryl you are the winner of my first giveaway!
    Please send me your address so I can send you the goodies.

    Love the blanket its looking great... :-)

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl, glad I've found you again! Love the blanket, and can't wait to see the conservatory! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your lovely blog today and wanted to say hi! love your crocheting, the colours are gorgous :) also can't wait to see your finished conseratory, love stuff like this, have a happy week.

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning Amanda's give away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very lovely blanket, loving the bobble stitch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments