Tuesday 26 June 2018

What's on my Needles?

What amazing weather we're having, the sun in shining and the garden is in full bloom, I think June is the best month in our garden.



I love all the colour, I think it's impossible not to be out there and smile with gratitude for how beautiful it all looks.



Thought I'd show you today what's on my needles... sometimes it shouldn't be... look at this cheeky little boy, he often comes and perches on the needles or my fingers, bringing any knitting to an abrupt halt.



I'm currently knitting a cardigan for Zackary. It's age 18 months to 2 years, so will be ideal for the autumn as he is growing at such a rate! I'm using Knit craft 'cotton blend plain' from Hobbycraft, it feels lovely to work with, 50% cotton and 50% acrylic. I'm using Denim and Light Blue and there was quite a few different shades to choose from.



I also have some crochet on the hook too. I don't know if you can tell yet from the shape, but it's going to be a budgie!


I've posted this next picture on Instagram, I absolutely love it. Adam and Holly were going to a wedding and popped in on their way to show us little Zack in his suit. Isn't he a little stunner the little darling  with his little dickie bow and quiffed hair, I love this little man so, so much.


As I've been posting dog and budgie photos, I thought I should show off Mitzi too, but she was too shy to turn round for the camera.




Take care
xxx





33 comments:

  1. He is adorable and will look wonderful in the color sweater you are making him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue does really suit him, it’s going to have little dinosaur spikes too x

      Delete
  2. Cheryl, your garden looks amazing … so much colour, I love it!

    What a star, and a stunner, Zachary is … ooh, give him a big hug from me. He looks great in that outfit.

    Enjoy your week and enjoy this weather, it is amazing :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I could happily spend all day in the garden, it’s a shame other things have to be done too, lol x

      Delete
  3. Your flowers look so colorful and healthy. I love the bird, and your grandson looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the garden is such a joy at the moment, Zackary is always a joy x

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks glorious Cheryl and the budgie is just too cute perching on your finger while you knit.
    Oh my Zackary is a little stunner in that outfit and I love his hair style....gorgeous.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes Petey is so tame and loves to be involved with everything. I love Zack’s hair, it’s starting to curl now x

      Delete
  5. OH MY, Zachary is so cute!!!
    I enjoyed the tour of your garden.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know we are a little bias, but he looked so gorgeous in his suit x

      Delete
  6. What beautiful colors in your garden.
    Zack looks so cute all dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is blooming beautifully, Cheryl. All those flowers are so pretty. Doesn't Zackary look gorgeous in his suit and little bow tie; such a gorgeous photo. How cute your little birdie is sitting on your knitting needles. The cardigan is lovely and a crochet budgie....sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the garden is so wonderful at this time of year, just the place to sit and knit or crochet x

      Delete
  8. Little Zacchary is just so adorable in his suit. ( He's adorable no matter what he's wearing, let's face it).
    I don't knit or crochet so I'm in awe of those who can turn out sweaters and scarves etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, grandchildren are such an amazing joy x

      Delete
  9. Zach is adorable. And your garden looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome little chap he is, love the colour yarn. I don't have many flowers in the garden but agree June is a wonderful month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is such beautiful weather at the moment Cheryl and your garden looks gorgeous. A riot of colour!
    Zachary looks a cutie, as always. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it’s so uplifting being out amongst all that colour x

      Delete
  12. Zachary looks good enough to eat, without salt, as my Granny used to say. The garden looks amazing. Love all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, haven’t heard the ‘without salt’ bit before x

      Delete
  13. Your garden looks fabulous, so much colour. It makes all the hard work worthwhile once you see it at it's peak and you're able to sit out and enjoy it. Zack is such a cutie, he looks very grown up in his big boy clothes. It looks like Petey is very tame, are you going to teach him to talk? I remember my granddad having a talking budgie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petey is very tame and we’re really hoping he’ll talk, I keep repeating the same things over and over, just wish it was easier to get him back in his cage x

      Delete
  14. Such a handsome little guy! Your garden looks happy in all it's color. I'm sure it's a favorite spot this time of year.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden looks fabulous.
    Aww what a sweetheart little Zachary looks all dressed up.
    I like your needle holder friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a shy cat too :) lovely knitting and I love your knitting buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cheryl! Oh, how cute! I want a bird to help with my knitting! I think your crochet budgie is going to be lovely! Your flowers are WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet photo of Zack his wedding best!
    So, so cute.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments