Thursday 21 June 2018

Firsts and Lasts

It was Father's Day last Sunday and it was our sons first one! I bought some light air drying clay during the week and managed to get Zackary to press his hand into it (the hard part was to then distract him with something else as he thought it looked like fun and wanted to play with it). When it was dry I popped some backing paper behind it, Zack's name and into a shadow picture frame it went.  Adam was very happy with it and Holly made sure he had some other lovely things too.



We decided to all go to the coast and had a lovely walk along the front followed by fish and chips sat on benches looking over the water, so no cooking and no washing up to be done, so both fathers (Adam and Andy) had a lovely day. I managed to get a quick picture of Holly holding Zackary, no one else stayed still long enough to get any more pictures.


I've been spending some time playing with my sewing machine. I think I've got the hang of using the inbuilt alphabet, I do need more practice though to learn how to change the sizes of the font and position on the fabric.


I really enjoyed playing with it, found it quite exciting, so many possibilities.


As well as Adam having his first Father's Day, Imogen had her last day at school. Exams are finished and she is now officially on holiday until September when she goes to sixth form. I'm going to find the photo of Imogen's first day at school and put it next to this one taken on her last day, what an amazing young woman she's grown into, it's gone so crazily fast!



Still my baby girl though, falling fast asleep in the car on the way home from the seaside on Sunday after all that fresh sea air.



Just to finish off, here are a few photos I took this afternoon when we drove to the coast again. Zackary was so tired and past himself, but just wouldn't or couldn't get to sleep, so we put him in the car and went for a drive, he ended up sleeping for an hour and a half and was full of smiles when he woke up.





Take care
xxx



26 comments:

  1. I didnt know sewing machines could do that! Lovely. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewing machine is quite a clever one, I just need to learn how to use it more x

      Delete
  2. That hand print is such a lovely idea.
    Loved seeing your photographs, the sky is so wonderfully blue!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it’s lovely to have a record of how small they start off, I love keepsakes x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day you all had. Ah fish and chips. They are just not the same here as there. I do miss them.
    Great job with the lettering using you sewing machine. I am hopeless when it comes to sewing with a machine. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were rather tasty, extra nice for being eaten at the seafront x

      Delete
  4. What a great project you made for your son's first Father's Day. It's treasure to keep forever. Zachary sure is a cute little guy.
    It will be nice having your daughter home for the summer.
    I hope your week is going along just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find it hard to believe my baby has a baby of his own. It’s lovely that Imogen is home for a long summer now x

      Delete
  5. A precious Father's Day gift and what a nice time you all had.
    Exciting times ahead playing with the sewing machine. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, family time is always the best x

      Delete
  6. You put me to shame, I have not tried more than half the stitches on my sewing machine. Your day out looks and sounds just the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things to discover, so little time! I’ve been working my way through the instruction manuals x

      Delete
  7. A day at the beach sounds like the perfect way to spend Father's Day. You can't beat fish and chips at the seashore. Zackary's hand print is the perfect gift for a first Father's Day. Imogen certainly does look all grown up. Time passes much too quickly, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time passes far too fast for me, every day is precious. I love being at the seaside, good for the soul x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely gift for Adam, I must remember that idea. I bet Imogen's glad to have finished school, I think this last year is so stressful for them and I was glad when it was all over, never mind them. I love days out at the seaside, I'm looking to see if I can recognise where you went but I'm not sure, is it Brid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean, I’m glad all the exams and early mornings are over with for now. Yes, you’re right, Brid is our usual haunt as it’s only usually about 40 minutes away x

      Delete
  9. I love the gift, what a great idea with the clay and the scrabble letters. LOVE IT!
    I enjoyed seeing photos of your family.
    xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift for your son Cheryl. You are clever.

    None of my machines do embroidery and I am really wishing now that I had bought a machine that could. Your letters look amazing.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to get to grips with it more, the machines much more clever than me! x

      Delete
  11. Glad you all had a lovely day out together, liking the idea of lunch out so all could relax.
    A really sweet gift for your son.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hand print of Zachary is very special, and it's the perfect gift for Father's Day. It sounds like you had a lovely visit to the ocean. And fish and chips, YUMMY! Jess lives only 5 minutes from the ocean, and every time I visit her, I get to see it. How fun that you were able to take a second trip there.

    Please keep sewing, Cheryl. It's such a talent. My mom used to sew and made all the clothes growing up. It's nice to hear you sew as well.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a beautiful day with family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those clouds are so beautiful. I love the handprint. What a thoughtful gift. It sounds like you are really enjoying your sewing. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Scrabble tiles are the perfect touch to the cute handprint!

    Thanks for the visit. I agree that tea tastes best in pretty china.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments