Sunday 21 October 2012

Fauna

I love pieces of Fauna pottery. I suppose like lots of things that were made in the 60's and 70's, they remind of bits and pieces that my Nan and Granddad had. I wanted to own a Fauna vase for a while so when I found these 3 pieces dotted about, I thought they would love to come home with me :)

I found this one first, made in Hornsea (very close to us) where most Fauna was made. I think it's so cute, but I just love the little Bambi.



Flushed with the excitment of finding the Bambi vase, I then saw a wee rabbit (should I call it a Thumper to keep with the theme!)




Then another larger vase (or is it a jug?) with another little Bambi and her squirrel friend.




The 3 pieces sit together now in my conservatory. There are lots more designs in the Fauna range, but I think these 3 are my favourites... not that I'm promising I wouldn't get anymore of course!



Take care
xxx





15 comments:

  1. I have seen this type of pottery before but I didn't know it was called Fauna, nor did I know that it was made way back in the day, it's really charming, my daughter would love pieces like this, she's a little collector of things... They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute. I've never seen that kind of pottery. I think they are especially nice for a conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, these pieces are like buses, you don't see one for ages, then 3 come along at once! I too found 3 (all fawns) in one week, all in different places!

    Love, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! They will make a charming addition to your conservatory. : ) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are really cute X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deer one! Its so adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're really lovely. I wouldn't mind some pieces myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so sweet they remind me of my childhood too, love Bambi
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your vases...very vintage looking. Yes you should call the bunny thumper!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments