Monday 16 July 2018

Afternoon Drive

I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive as I haven't seen our beautiful little Zackary for over a week and I'm missing him terribly. We didn't look after him last week as I wasn't well, but back to normal tomorrow so I hope his prepared for an extra smothering of kisses and cuddles!

Last time we had him for the day, we took the little man out for a drive in the country in his new big boy car seat. So nice that he can look forward now and see what's going on, much better than his baby seat that he was fast outgrowing.






We went to have lunch, but all Zack is interested in is what everyone else is doing, fascinated by other people


I must comment on his little cup. I really wanted Zackary to have a cup to use at our house and was thrilled when I discovered this one, (those of you with young children or grandchildren will probably know all about these cups) it's virtually spill proof! Zack holds it upside down and I carry it in my bag all without any leaking... wish these were around when my children were babies.

I think I'll have that

On the way home we came along the coastal route, slow and meandering along so Zack would have time for a decent sleep



We knew he'd wake up as soon as we arrived home and he needs about an hour or so.




Andy's been busy working on his jigsaw from the charity shop. It's a Wasgij one where he had to make up the picture as if it were 10 minutes in the future. Here's the box


and the completed puzzle (minus the couple of pieces that were missing).


We'd found 2 when we were charity shopping. Andy's started on the next one which is even harder, he has the picture on the box, but the actual jigsaw is meant to be a picture of what the people on the box can see... quite hard, but he really does enjoy a challenge. We always look to see if we can find any more of these puzzles, but no luck yet.

It's been a big week for Imogen, she had her school prom at the end of last week. I do think she looked absolutely gorgeous, she has grown into such a lovely young lady, brought a tear or two to my eyes.





I haven't spent too much time in the garden the last few days, just far too hot. We are so desperate for some rain, really we need a good down pour. Here's one of the small roses from the patio rose, pretty and perfectly formed.



Take care
xxx

32 comments:

  1. Our grandson has just gone into a front facing car seat, I agree they are much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it makes the journey more interesting for them x

      Delete
  2. That is such a beautiful rose. Mine are dropping with the heat, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty one, but the only one left on our patio rose x

      Delete
  3. We used to do more jigsaw puzzles but these past years not so much. I think games on the computer may have something to do with it.
    Imogen looks so lovely. Prom is such an important occasion , isn't it.
    Here's hoping for cooler temps and some much needed rain for you... and for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy enjoys a good puzzle, the harder the better. We finally had some rain last night, but no where near enough x

      Delete
  4. Dear Cheryl
    Zackary is such a cutie! Imogen looks lovely all dressed up. You must be very proud of your family.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my children and grandson mean the world to me x

      Delete
  5. How wonderful you are feeling better and are able to spend gorgeous time with your Zackary again. I admire people who can figure out jigsaw puzzles and put all those itty bitty pieces into a picture...I am hopeless at them. Doesn't Imogen look beautiful. She is certainly all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we thought she looked amazing, a night for her to remember x

      Delete
  6. Oh that little red head!!!!! :-) Our second oldest grand daughter was and is a red head. Neither mom or dad are, but it's from a bit farther back, on both sides of the family.

    To us, proms now, seem late. Because our school is out much earlier. And proms are in May/June. Lovely young lady...

    Gorgeous rose!!!

    Here, our flowers are having a hard time, with all the heat. My husband has to "feed" them, in their watering this evening. They look like they need more, than just water. Poor things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proms are relatively ’new’ to us over here, only around for the last 15 or so years, it’s a lovely way to finish school. Our grandson is the only redhead in ours and his mums family too x

      Delete
  7. Your grandson is so adorable. I love the photo of him asleep. He looks so content and relaxed. Glad to hear you are feeling better. That rose is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, children always look so angelic when they’re asleep, not that he isn’t a little angel when his awake too x

      Delete
  8. How nice that you took Zachary for a drive in the country. It's one of my favorite places to go. He was all tuckered out on the way home. What a sweet picture of him sleeping. These are lovely Prom pictures and dresses.

    It's been very hot here too, and just trying to keep cool inside. What a pretty rose. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’re lucky that we live close to the country, the coast and the town. Still very hot here, quite humid now x

      Delete
  9. Zachary is growing so quickly, what a joy to see him sleeping in his new car seat. Those cups are indeed a great design. Glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes he grows at such a rate, must be those hollow legs he has x

      Delete
  10. Imogen looks beautiful in her prom dress, I hope she had a lovely time.
    I'm going to be having Bonnie a couple of afternoons from next week so Joanne has been looking at car seats for my car, not sure what she will get, did you know the law will be changing in a few years so that children are rear facing up to the age of 2?
    Glad you had a lovely day in the countryside, sometimes it's easier to take them out than entertain them in home isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she had a wonderful time. I didn’t know about the law changing, glad we won’t be affected though. We often go out in the afternoons, helps break the day up for him x

      Delete
  11. Awww, enjoy your day with Zackary, you must miss him terribly when you don't see him, little cutie. It's a long time since I've done a jigsaw but those Wasgij's are really clever, I quite fancy having a go at one of those. Imogen looks stunning, it really brings a tear to your eye to see your baby all grown up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did, she’s changed so much the last few years. It was wonderful to see Zack again today, I managed to get lots of extra cuddles x

      Delete
  12. What a lovely day out for you and Zackary.
    My roses are burnt to a crisp although I am hoping that the chalice roses flowers again like it did last year.
    Love the Prom pictures. We never had anything like that when I was at school.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No proms when we were at school either, but life is very different in lots of ways now. Hope you do get your second bloom x

      Delete
  13. Imogen looks beautiful and I think you are allowed to be a very proud mummy on this occasion. Zackary looks like he had a wonderful time with you. Who makes the very clever cup you have found? I'm due to be grandma later this year and I am trying to put a little useful basket of things for the baby shower as I'm sure no end of folk will buy baby clothes so this would be a great addition to my gift. No rain here either and as much as I'm enjoying the glorious weather it really feels like it could do with a thunder storm.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I tried to put a link to the cup,but it didn’t work. It’s called a 360degree trainer cup. I bought it from amazon, but I know Asda sell them too x

      Delete
  14. I'm glad you're feeling better Cheryl. I'm sure little Zachary can't wait to give you hugs too. I sure wish we would have had those cups around when my kids were small too. We just had the sippy cups. Nice pictures of the prom.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he gave us lots of smiles, cuddles and giggles x

      Delete
  15. Your grandson sure is growing fast!! Glad you're better this week to enjoy another day with him. : )
    We are a big fan of jigsaw puzzles at my house. We do lots of them in the winter watching the snow come down. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pleased you are feeling better.
    Lovely pictures of Zachary, isn't it lovely that he wants to see everything that is happening.
    Imogen looks very grown up, great pictures from the prom.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I enjoyed the photos of Zachary, what a cutie. Imogen looks lovely. I do love her name. It is so pretty to say.

    Lots of Love,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments