Sunday 3 December 2017

Over 25 Years in the Making!

Hasn't it turned really cold, time to start wearing bed socks on a night time, blanket over my knees in an evening, bit surprised by the snow during the week! We're planning to put the tree up next weekend and Imogen has started  opening her advent calendar (Imogen has a chocolate one and we bought Izzy a lego one). I think I've finished my Christmas present shopping and I just need to get some more paper and do the wrapping up. The television is full of Christmas adverts and Imogen has been doing Christmas parties at work.... there's no escaping it, Christmas is just around the corner...




I finished Izzy's bunting, I quite enjoyed sitting and hand stitching her name on it. Just needs to be wrapped up now.



I've sewn pompom ribbon down the sides of the first and last pieces, but it's hard to see from the photo.




I've also started sewing together some decorations I've die cut from felt, this one's from some sparkly red felt I had.



I should explain the reason for the title of this post. I started making my son (who is now 29) this little latch hook dinosaur rug when he was only a toddler. I don't know what happened, he was probably too old for it when I picked it up after leaving it for a while. Anyway, it's been aired out and finished off and as Adam is perhaps a bit too old for it now, I shall give to to my grandson, Adam's son instead so it may have taken over 25 years to finish off, but will at least be going to a good home now!




Are you getting in the Christmas spirit or has it crept up on you too (doesn't seem that long since last Christmas)?


Take care
xxx


25 comments:

  1. The dinosaur rug is lovely, I'm glad it's got a good home, Zack will love it. It sounds as though you're all prepared for Christmas, I've still got loads of shopping to do, I'm behind again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve started the wrapping now, so I am slowly getting there x

      Delete
  2. Cute latch hook rug.
    We don't really do that much for Christmas anymore and enjoy it so much more now without all the rush and present buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents were saying how they’re looking forward to a quiet one this year x

      Delete
  3. How lovely that it's going to your grandson and it wasn't wasted. Love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes at least it will finally have a home x

      Delete
  4. Fluffy socks, blankets and hot water bottles for me at the moment Cheryl. I was shocked by the snow too as I wasn't expecting it.
    I bet Zack will love his dinosaur rug. How fab to be able to give it to your son's son.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s meant to be getting even colder! I hope Zack likes his rug, it’ll have a story to go with it x

      Delete
  5. I think your dinosaur rug is absolutely gorgeous Cheryl. Little Zack will be able to enjoy it. I have put my tree up & am putting some Santas etc around .... but have yet to feel much christmas spirit I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a couple of big deliveries coming Friday, that’s why we’ve waited to put ours up. I’m sure your Christmas spirit will come as it gets closer x

      Delete
    2. Enjoy your big deliveries I hope the sofas lots of fun and comfy cozy my tree is up to and looking absolutely Christmassy and amazing

      Delete
  6. Lovely dinosaur blanket. Glad it will be used by someone. It's not been seriously cold here yet (below zero but not by much!) but I still have my blanket wrapped around my legs in the evening. I don't like being cold at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I’d rather be a bit chilly than too hot. It’s rather nice getting all snuggly in an evening x

      Delete
  7. The little dinosaur was well worth the wait. He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it’ll look cute in Zacks room x

      Delete
  8. How sweet. I love that you will give this to your grandson. It all had a plan in the long run.
    We have our tree up and all the other decorations. I will send out cards this weekend and work on baking Christmas treats.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Cheryl
    You sound very organised. I have done some shopping but am gradually getting sorted.
    I am sure the rug will be loved!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your son and grandson will love having the rug!
    Izzy is going to be thrilled to have the bunting, they do love things with their name on.
    Trying to get into the Christmas spirit, just wish work was a little calmer I think it's getting in the way of the festive feeling.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that rug. It will be perfect for your grandson. You sound all sorted for Christmas Cheryl. I have just a few more gifts to buy then it's the wrapping that takes ages for me. The cold weather has come as a bit of a shock, especially today when our boiler went off! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that rug is lovely, and so nice that I will be Zacks.
    Love the look of the red owl.

    I'm slowly getting on with Christmas preparations, pleased to say I am further ahead than I usually am!

    Keep warm and enjoy the season.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your post very much. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet little gifts that you have created and how wonderful that the latch-hook will now go to your grandson! I'll bet you never imagined that when you started it! Time does go so fast......Christmas has me mildly panicked right now, but I am moving along. Keep cozy - it's cold here, too. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done for completing that piece after 25 years! Christmas is galloping up on us at a rapid pace. I am not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the story of the dinosaur rug, I suppose there really is a time and a place for everything :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it...that you finished that piece. There is hope for me yet with the things I have squirrelled away. Al lovely, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments