Thursday 21 December 2017

Is it Nearly Christmas?

I can't believe we're just a few days away from Christmas, I just don't seem able to find my Christmas Spirit this year. I've been quite organised, cards were written and posted early on, presents are always bought over a few months, but they've all been wrapped for a while. Normally the tree and decorations go up at the beginning of December, but this year we waited a bit, not feeling the excitement we used to. I wonder if it's because Imogen is 15 now, no more putting reindeer food out or excitedly writing lists to Father Christmas?


We do have our first grandchild, which is the most wonderful thing to happen, but at 4 months old, he doesn't know it's Christmas! I'm hoping we'll be spending some time tomorrow with Zackary and Izzy, Izzy is 8 so a lovely age, full of excitement and I'm hoping some will rub off on me.

The tree in the dining room





Imogen has finished school today for the Christmas holiday so that's rather lovely. We're planning to do some baking together tomorrow and I'm sure we'll play some festive music at the same time.



I've finished Zack's quilt. It's very soft and will be just the thing to have under him when he lays on the floor.


The background is brushed cotton, so feels really nice against the skin.




If all that isn't enough to put me in a Christmas mood, I do have this beautiful photo my son sent me... a real life little Christmas elf...




Have a wonderful, safe, happy and healthy Christmas

Take care
xxx



21 comments:

  1. Oh he looks adorable, so impish! That photo would make a great Christmas card. Your quilt is lovely, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Christmas Cheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture shows the best part of Christmas,the joy of a smiling child. He is an adorable little Elf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas elf is adorable. I'm sure he'll help to bring you some Christmas cheer.
    Have a very Merry Christmas Cheryl. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little elf is gorgeous, what a joy he must be. I am going to put some Christmas music on tomorrow and have a bake to, always makes me feel festive. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, too! Your trees are beautiful. And, the elf photo of your little one is too adorable! I'm sure you will enjoy being with your dear family during this special time of year. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely trees, wishing you a wonderful Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't feel the excitement but feel peaceful and happy that I did NOT get caught up in all the present buying. I can concentrate on the real meaning of Christmas. JESUS. : )
    A very Merry Christmas to you and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh little Zack sure IS growing Cheryl!! He looks so delightful in his elf outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little cutie. I think the magic goes out of Christmas somewhat as our children get older, but you've got it all to come again with Zack. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks lovely decorated for Christmas. Your "elf" is the sweetest ever! Hope you have a lovely day baking with your granddaughter. Your home will smell wonderful. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas is so very different when there are no small children in the house and I really miss the excitement too.
    I have Ruby and Marlowe but I don't get to be involved in the everyday stuff of getting ready for Christmas, I don't get to kiss their sweet little faces when putting them to bed on Christmas Eve and see the pure joy when they wake on Christmas morning. It makes me sad but at least they will be coming for their lunch and they will open gifts from us here.

    Your decorations look lovely and you have just the cutest little elf I have ever seen.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. ... I think you left the best picture 'til last!
    Little Zack looks adorable.

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmastime.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard when your kids get older, but wait until next year when that little elf is older. The magic will return. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully you feel more in the spirit soon, maybe after the baking and festive music. I had to bake some chocolate chip cookies this year it is the perfect time to bake. Cute elf outfit your grandson was wearing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems like such a long build-up sometimes that I usually run out of spirit or don't seem to have it. It's harder now that the children are older. Not quite the same. Lovely adorable elf. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wising you a lot of happiness in this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas.
    Santas little elf is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable elf. I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Happy New Year.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year,
    I hope the holidays were good. I am sure you enjoyed that little elf.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments