Friday 17 November 2017

Just a chat

The days are dashing by and I don't feel I have anything much to show you this week. Yesterday afternoon I made a bolognese in the multi cooker so we could have it for tea with some pasta (we're having it again tonight with some wedges and there should still be enough left so I can put a portion in the freezer).



While I sat on my perching stool stirring and adding ingredients, I was also able to use a foot to keep rocking this little mister in his chair. I gave him a running commentary so I'm hoping he'll be able to help when his old enough!



A nice strong cup of tea for Andrew with a couple of Tunnocks to boost his afternoon energy levels. I drank my cup before I thought to take a photo.



Tea for us and milk for Zackary. I fed both my babies myself (Adam until he was 18 months and Imogen until she was 2 1/2), but I think I'm becoming an expert at making up and giving bottles.




Imogen's had an interesting week. Last week she went to see a local sixth form college and felt quite excited by the choices, this week she went to an open day at the college in town, not really expecting to want to go there, but just to see what they had to offer. What a turn around, Imogen is now hoping to go to this college, depending on her exam results in August. It's been mock exams this week (and next week too) so Imogen has been working hard... I really wouldn't want to be a teenager again!



I've decided that it's unlikely I'll finish Zachary's cross stitch stocking in time for christmas, so I've put it to the side for now so I can concentrate on Imogen's jumper and anything else that needs doing. I've been so tired recently that when we settle down in the evening, I don't really have the energy to start crafting.



I haven't been reading much either, I don't seem to get past more than a couple of pages before my head begins to nod. I have finished reading this book by Tess Gerritson (I've read and enjoyed a few of her books)


The little bit of spiel on Goodreads says:

'An experiment on micro-organisms conducted in space goes wrong. The cells begin to infect the crew with deadly results. Emma Watson struggles to contain the deadly microbe while her husband and NASA try to retrieve her from space, before it's too late.'

It was very good, quite a page turner at times and I definitely recommend it.

That's about my lot this week, daily jobs and keeping warm... and starting to get a few Christmas presents together.

Take care
xxx

SaveSave

26 comments:

  1. Little man is SO adorable. I would give up crafting time to care for him!!!! Pretty soon he'll be right up there stirring the sauce with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember rocking the bouncy chair with one foot while doing other things. I think Christmas creeps up on us and surprises us😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m a big fan of the bouncy chair, both Adam and Imogen had one so I definitely wanted to use one when we’re looking after Zack x

      Delete
  3. Bouncy chairs are a godsend, aren't they? Zachary is growing so quickly, he'll be on the move before you know it. Good luck to Imogen, it's so hard for them these days, they're put under such a lot of pressure, but I'm sure her hard work will pay off and she'll succeed in whatever she wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much pressure isn’t it. Zackary is growing and changing so quickly, I can already see such a difference when I look at photos x

      Delete
  4. Well done on the cooking, saves so much time making a big batch doesn't it, gives you more time to enjoy your family.Have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try and make extra to freeze whenever I make a bolognese or casserole x

      Delete
  5. He certainly looks like he's taking everything in Cheryl....the little sweetheart.
    I remember that feeling of exhaustion from when I childminded Ruby for three years. I was always too tired for crafting by the time she had gone home too.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely underestimated how tiring it would be, don’t know what it’ll feel like when his on the move x

      Delete
  6. Those bouncy chair are great but unfortunately mine did not take to them. Zackary is gorgeous and growing so fast! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the bouncy chair has been a lifesaver for us x

      Delete
  7. Zackary sure is a cutie.
    I like the little bit of cabinet I see in the picture with Zackary. I'm planning on having ones like that in my new house. : )

    I like using my slow cooker to make big batches of food too and then freezing some of it. Sure comes in nice when I don't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so handy to prepare a meal the night beforehand and just switch the slow cooker on in the morning x

      Delete
  8. Your grandson is so cute! I love the photos of your tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't it be lovely to have her close by when she goes along further in school? So many decisions to make. I would not want to be young and trying to get into school, it is so hard these days! That sweet boy is just adorable. Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College is usually a local thing, but then university could be anywhere in the country x

      Delete
  10. Your Bolognese sauce looks so yummy. And, your little grandson is adorable. Aren't grandchildren a delight? I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I absolutely adore being a grandmother x

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a lovely time - cooking delicious sauce, rocking your adorable grandson, and looking forward to helping choose a college. No wonder you are tired. The book looks interesting. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't beat a nice Bolognese ...
    Lovely photograph of your adorable grandson, those rocker chairs are great aren't they.
    Good luck to Imogen in her mocks and next years plans too.

    Take Care of yourself, my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see a photo of little Zak, he is such a sweetie.
    Good for Imogen to go along and check out the college, you just never know what turns up along the way and it has turned out to be a positive thing for her.
    Hope the mocks go well.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. He looks like he understood every word about your cooking experience together! Yes please, I love a tunnocks tea cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis,
    this web page is actually good and the visitors are really
    sharing nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments