Sunday 4 March 2018

Still Indoors

I think I should start this post with a brrrrrrr.... we appear to have escaped the worse of the weather here in our little corner of East Yorkshire, but my, it's chilly! A large part of the country has snow and has come to a standstill (as we often do when the flakes fall as we just aren't prepared for it due to it's infrequency here). The 'beast from the east' as the media have named it, gave us a smattering of snow, but we do have icy cold temperatures. Andrew and I have hunkered down, neither of us having shaken off this irritating bad chest and cold, keeping warm and busy indoors.

Here's a photo of our lovely fountain in the Queen's Gardens area of our city covered in ice



There is a small area where the water is still pushing through



Our garden pond is frozen over with a tiny section where the pump pushes the water out left in the middle. I wonder if our fish are surviving...

We've been slowly going through boxes in our loft, not much has been done over the last month due to illness, but I did come across these hangers.



They would have once held my clothes when I was a baby and I've used them for Adam and Imogen. I wondered if Adam and Holly wanted them for Zackary, but no, so I'm holding onto them for now.

Even though we're both coughing and spluttering, babysitting duties had to carry on. My main worry was that the poor little mite would catch this horrible virus from us so I've somehow managed to restrain myself from kissing him to pieces and so far he seems to have avoided catching anything. It's a difficult situation as Adam and Holly have to go to work and there isn't anyone else who can look after Zack. I took this picture during the week, I think it's one of my favourites. Poor Grandpoppy feeling rather worse for wear, but cuddling the beautiful boy while they sit and listen to music together.




I've done a little more on my cross stitching, but mainly crochet this past week.



I came across this short video when I was looking through Facebook the other day. It's pictures of Hull, before and now, I thought it was well made. Credit goes to the Time Travel Artist on Facebook.



 I hope everyone is well and warm, especially those who have been badly affected by our recent weather.

Take care
xxx


33 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, Hope you and your husband feel better soon. Your crocheting looks lovely. I like the color changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we’re both a bit weary of this coughing now x

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling a bit better now. It's hard when you're unwell but you just have to carry on. I love looking at old photos of places I know, I've never seen them put into a video such as this before though, it's very clever how it's been done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the video is good isn’t it, interesting to see the changes x

      Delete
  3. Our snow is now gone and we are green again, but still very cold. Hope you all get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s no snow here either and it seems a bit warmer today, let’s hope things are looking up x

      Delete
  4. This virus is a real horror. Mine took a while to go but I'm fine now, sure you'll soon both be better.
    Loing the crochet.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think lots of people have this virus, I’m just pleased our grandson seems to be avoiding it x

      Delete
  5. Oh my, it looks freezing over there! Those coat hangers are sweet; I would hold onto them too. How sad that you and your husband have been sick with the flu. I hope you are beginning to feel better. How lovely that you babysit your Zack, he must add so much love and fun to your lives. Lovely crochet. Hope you have a lovely week......keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been particularly cold, but our spring weather shouldn’t be too far away x

      Delete
  6. Glad you're on the mend. Love the crochet. The hangers are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just so adorable. Feel better soon, wish yu could get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl, I have been reading about all your snowfall on our news over here. I do hope you get some warm temps soon. Your photo of the fountain is rather stunning. As is your crocheting ... do hope you & hubby are soon over the nasty virus & feeling better to look after that gorgeous wee man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it made your news! I think things are expected to be a bit warmer this week x

      Delete
  9. Oh dear, hope you are both feeling better.
    Lovely photo of Zack and his grandad!
    Doesn't that fountain look tremendous with all the icicles hanging from it.
    Hope the fish are ok!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it’s one of my favourites so far. Hoping the fish are ok too x

      Delete
  10. We actually braved it to York on Saturday for a friends birthday! Thank fully it didn't snow anymore but it was freezing. Great excuse to spend more time in the shops and restaurants. Hope you're soon on the mend. Your little man is a darling. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been good to get out and get some fresh air, it’s always lovely to visit York x

      Delete
  11. Hope you feel better soon. You are certainly blessed with a beautiful Grandson and the joy of looking after him. The crochet is stunning, love the lovely array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think we’re both slowly picking up x

      Delete
  12. Sure hope your better soon. No fun being sick.
    The frozen fountain makes for a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fountain looks gorgeous.
    Sorry your cold is still lingering. I hope it goes soon.
    You'll have to make up for the lost kisses when you're better.
    Zack has such a beautiful little face.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fountain! Very nice! The blanket looks very bright and comfy, just what you need at this time of year. I've certainly had enough of snow here. Poor daughter is getting a lot more where she is - they closed her workplace and that's unusual there. Hopefully it won't come here next. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The frozen fountain looks amazing!
    I love looking at old footage to see how places have changed, there are some doing the rounds on FB of our area, although some of the changes are not for the better.
    I hope you are all feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great picture your frozen fountain is.
    I hope both of you are on the mend, these germs have been awful for many.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The picture of the frozen fountain says it all. This sure is an unusual year weatherwise! Here on the southwest coast of BC we're getting milder weather but the rest of the country is still under snow and freezing temps.
    Your little grandson sure is cute. I took care of my 5 grandkids ( as well as many others due to my home daycare) and even if one feels sick the parents have to go to work so one manages.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That is a great picture of the frozen fountain.

    Your grandson is just so cute - hope you all feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry you both have been sick. Zack is so sweet. What a treasure to find those baby clothes hangers. The fountain is lovely but I know you are ready for warm temperatures. Hope you both feel better soon. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, it's still snowing where you live? I'd love to see your snow, as it would be a treat for me. What a cute picture of your grandchild. I know exactly how you feel, Cheryl. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to stay far away from my grandbaby until it was over. The fountain is so pretty covered in ice - it must be so cold for it to freeze up like that.

    It's always nice coming over here to visit with you. I hope you have wonderful March days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am late in catching up with you, but I do hope you are feeling better by now. It is so good that the adorable little one did not succumb! The frozen fountain is wonderful and I really enjoyed the time travel. Such a beautiful place and so nice to see that not much has changed. I do hope you are thawed out soon. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments