Friday 9 February 2018

What a Wonderful Day




It was my birthday on Wednesday, a milestone one, I'm half a century! I had the most wonderful day, spending it with my favourite people, my lovely family who thoroughly spoilt me.




I had breakfast in bed, some tasty kippers. I couldn't remember the last time I had them, I'm the only one who likes them so it felt like quite a treat. I stayed in bed with a nice cup of tea to open my cards and some of my presents, I even had a badge to wear!




When I was ready, the curtains to the conservatory were opened to reveal a very special present from my parents. I was absolutely blown away, a new scooter covered in balloons and banners, what an amazing start to the day. It's more than just a scooter, it's trips to the park with little Zackary, dog walks, trips to the local shops and so much more.



I had a nice cosy afternoon with Andrew and we watched Oliver so I could warble along with all the brilliant songs. Adam came in the afternoon with Zack, Holly and Izzy came later on and we all sat down to a party tea prepared by Andrew and Imogen with all my favourite party food, homemade potato salad, gammon and lots of other bits and pieces.



It was made even more special by Zack being able to join us at the table in the new highchair we had just bought him, though he was more of an observer than participant as he had just eaten his own yummy pureed vegetables and isn't quite old enough for finger food yet.



Imogen had spotted these little '50' sequins so had bought them to scatter over the table, a thoughtful little gesture, my sweet girl. I've saved some for when I do some scrapbooking.



The perfect accompaniment to my birthday tea, a lovely strong cup of tea in a bone china cup and saucer, I drank few of these.


Adam has a friend who makes the most delicious cakes, so between them, Andrew had secretly arranged for Adam's friend, Laura, to surprise me with this amazing cake. The actual cake is the most scrumptious Victoria sponge, my favourite. Even the numbers and the 'balls of wool' had sponge in them, what a clever lady Laura is (and green is my favourite colour).


The lights were turned off while everyone sang happy birthday and the cake was brought through with these amazing coloured candles, the flames were all different colours too, I haven't seen candles like this before.



More cups of tea and some cake followed by lots of special family time, what a wonderful day I had.


I had the best day ever and received so many lovely presents, I'll show you some of them another time.


Take care
xxx






44 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy 50th Cheryl! That is the most beautiful cake ever, I am in love with it. It sounds like you were properly spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love your scooter! I would like one. Maybe for my 60th.
    The cake is lovely!
    Happy birthday, sweet Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The scooter is a new lease of life, I highly recommend x

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had a wonderful day. Wow that cake is amazing!!
    How fun to get a scooter! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a really wonderful day. The cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, what a wonderful day you have had. Such an amazing cake and the scooter is fantastic, access now to many an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, I shall be travelling around, beeping my horn x

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to you, lovely Cheryl. It looks as if you had the most wonderful celebration. How cool is that scooter. AND....what a lovely birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday. Looks like you had the most wonderful day. Will you be going on any adventures on your scooter?

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do hope so, especially as the weather improves x

      Delete
  8. Happy, happy birthday Cheryl!
    How treasured you are by your lovely family to have had so much thought put into your birthday celebrations.
    The cake is terrific and the gift of a scooter so life enhancing in so many ways! Lots of adventures in store.
    Hope you wore the badge all day long!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday lovely lady x The cake was amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, you're only seven months ahead of me. What a wonderful day you had with all your lovely family, such a lovely way to celebrate. The cake is fabulous, just look at the fabric with perfect stitches, and those balls of wool, what a talented lady. There'll be no stopping you now with that fabulous scooter and you'll be riding in style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, I had a lovely day. Laura must be very patient making each strand for the wool on the cake x

      Delete
  11. happy birthday, welcome to the 50's. what a fab cake !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the club!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was just saying what a good one it is x

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday, you were spoilt, lucky girl. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 50th! You are just a baby, same age as my little sister, well, one year younger!
    That CAKE with the candles too, that is wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Cheryl! From your photographs you look to have enjoyed a wonderful day with your family and that cake is just fabulous. It will be so good to get out and about on your scooter (how very thoughtful of your parents) and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your other presents. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was such a thoughtful and generous gift x

      Delete
  16. What a lovely birthday you had you lucky lady, love the Scooter. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I shall be whizzing around the park with our little dogs chasing me x

      Delete
  17. Happy 50th Birthday to you! I'll be celebrating my 60th this summer. Another milestone. Time does go by too quickly. I love your cake! So glad you had a wonderful birthday and have fun riding around on that new scooter!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy, happy birthday, my dear! May all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated birthday wishes to you - what a wonderful spread of food and amazing cake.
    Enjoy your new scooter, what a special gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A belated Happy Birthday to you!
    Looks like you had a great day and were thoroughly spoilt, as of course you should be on a milestone birthday :-)
    I LOVE the new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Birthday Greetings Cheryl.
    So glad you had a lovely day.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Birthday, Cheryl! Glad that you had a memorable time celebrating your milestone birthday. Love the unique yarn cake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday my friend! WOW, what a grand day indeed. Your cake sounds and looks wonderful.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very useful post my dear! Thanks for sharing :)
    I followed you, please visit my blog, and if you want follow me too :)

    https://pandawayofficial.blogspot.rs/2018/02/zaful-review-sweater-and-clock.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy belated birthday - what a lovely day you had with such a sweet little guest and amazing birthday cake and decorations! So glad your day was wonderful. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments