Tuesday 30 January 2018

Sand Through Fingers

That's just how I feel about time, it's just like sand through my fingers. I hear people saying how long January is and I wonder myself where January has gone! My time management feels like it's flown out the window... and taken all my time with it, it feels like we go from a Wednesday to a Saturday with barely a breath inbetween!

I think, I know really, it's because I'm so besotted with our little charge and spend the 3 days we look after him fussing over him, playing with and watching him. Little Zackary is now eating food, not just having his milk. We make him up some porridge in the morning and mum and dad usually bring a little tub of yummy goodness for his tea (they cook and puree different vegetables and freeze them in little tubs, so by the time he eats it here, it's defrosted and just needs warming through).

Zackary sits in his bouncy chair, opening his mouth like a little baby bird... I do enjoy feeding him and he is such a neat little eater... most of the time...



Zack likes spending time on his quilt on the floor, though now he can turn quite easily from his back onto his tummy. He gets so frustrated though when he can't roll back onto his back. Growing so fast and of course everything he gets hold of goes straight into that little toothless mouth (the same mouth that gives me such gorgeous smiles and giggles).





I have spent a little bit of time in my craft room. I don't feel I've had much opportunity, but I have been able to play with my polymer clay. A little leaf or two.



I've also found my old Pippa dolls from my '70's childhood. They need their faces washing and a hair pamper day after being in the loft for so long. As part of our decluttering, we (I say we, but it's Andy who goes up and down into the loft) are trying to clear a lot of stuff from the loft. Bringing a box down, going through it and deciding what to keep, give to charity or just throw away.

Here are my poor neglected girls. Did anyone else have Pippa dolls when they were young? I always dreamed of a Sindy or Barbie doll, but I loved these small girls.



I'm also trying to do a little bit of stitching on Zachary's christmas stocking most days. It's coming along, but still has a good way to go before making it into a stocking. It has a lot of stitching...




I miss 'blogland', so must make more of an effort to write weekly and get round to reading everyone's news. When I look through the photos on my phone, they all seem to be of Zackary. I have a BIG birthday next week, that will be something for me to take photos of.



Take care
xxx




23 comments:

  1. I did have (and still have) Pippa dolls when I was little - I loved collecting them and their outfits. If I remember rightly, I have Pippa, Britt, Tammy, Marie, and Jasmine. I also have the horse! I used to love playing with them!
    Zackary looks like a sweetie!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot they had a horse, I used to have the boy one, Pete, too, but haven’t found him yet xx

      Delete
  2. Your little grandson sure is growing Cheryl!! Seems just the other day he was born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has passed quickly, Zack is almost 6 months now and tall for his age xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see photos of Zack, he is such a sweetie.
    Growing so fast!
    You have made my day already this morning with the photo of your Pippa dolls. I loved my dolls and I really wish I knew what had happened to them.
    Wonderful to still have your collection.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s lovely to see how many others had Pippas too, we must all be of a similar age group as they were only available for a few years xx

      Delete
  4. Zachary is a real cutie. Your cross-stitching looks wonderful. My friend had lots of Pippa dolls, I only had a Sindy.

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished so hard for a Sindy, but it wasn’t meant to be. Thank you, it feels like the cross stitching is growing, but oh so slowly xx

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to be involved in the care of your beautiful Grandson Zack, he is a delight, not wonder tie is going by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that we get to spend so much quality time with him, precious days xx

      Delete
  6. Time does go quickly doesn't it, Zachary looks very contented.
    I think I had a Pippa, I have just checked on the sold ones on Ebay and some have made around £20 each, so worth selling if you no longer want them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m planning to clean them up then they can sit with my Blythe dolls in the cabinet, thank you for checking them out though xx

      Delete
  7. I agree that time goes by so fast, especially when you look at Zack, they go past that baby stage so quickly. It won't be long now until he's crawling if he's rolling, and then you'll need eyes in the back of your head. Oh, I remember Pippa dolls. Sadly I never kept any of my dolls, but I had Pippas and a Sindy, but not a Barbie. The stocking is coming along well, it's a nice project to have on the go and you don't have to rush it, plenty of time before next Christmas to get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I look around the room and think about all the mischief he’ll be able to get into once he starts moving! I don’t know how I ever thought the stocking would be for last Christmas, definitely next though... hopefully xx

      Delete
  8. It is so very scary how quickly time goes Cheryl.
    Next week my Ruby is eight....how can that be when I still remember the day she was born as if it was yesterday.
    Aren't we lucky though that we got to play such a big part in our grandchildren's early lives. I childminded Ruby for three precious years. Lots of wonderful memories to cherish.
    Zack looks adorable.

    I never had Pippa dolls. I had a Sindy and a Tressy with growing hair.

    Loving the picture on the stocking and can't wait to see it finished.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we have this time, my parents never had it with my children as we lived so far apart, I can’t imagine not seeing Zack all the time xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you are really enjoying those days you have Zack! : )
    No never had Pippa dolls.
    Yes, time sure slips by fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the light of our lives, family is so precious xx

      Delete
  10. Babies grow so quickly you are right to take advantage of every moment you spend with him. I had pippa dolls, no idea what happened to them.
    Lovely progress on the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the cross stitch is slowly growing. They are babies for such a short time aren’t they xx

      Delete
  11. I could happily spend a day or so like that, spending time with a little person is lovely. I did have a few dolls but was much more interested in cooking with my Granny or gardening with Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy catching up with you. Your Pippa dolls are sweet.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's adorable. You sound so happy after spending time with him. That stocking is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments