Tuesday 6 May 2014

Growing in the Garden

After being struck down with a nasty case of food poisoning (knocked me off my feet for a couple of weeks) I thought I should start venturing out again. So clad in my comfy jimmyjams with the sun shining brightly, I took a walk around the garden to see how things are doing.

I love our Clematis, the flowers are such a rich creamy, milky white. It's growing just outside the conservatory so can be appreciated from indoors as well as out.


I think it looks lovely next to the bright red splash from the Geranium




I'm hoping (not very green fingers crossed) that as Summer comes there'll be some lovely blooms flowing down from the basket to say hello to the Clematis...



 Andy put this basket up for me outside the kitchen window. It seems to be thriving and hopefully we'll see some colour here soon



Some nice flowers to draw the eye away from the pipes




Ooh... another Geranium


 The dogs have been eyeing up the Strawberry plant...  quite a few flowers now...



 Some pots have had to go back in the greenhouse because they seem to be making extra comfortable seats for the dogs... squashed plants... They've grown a bit more now so can probably come back out now.




 Here's the upside down tomato plant


 It actually seems to be bigger than the upright ones


Cucumber in the corner next to the Garlic.



Lettuce and peas


 
and a pepper plant


A courgette... just one after the year we planted 3 and became overwhelmed with courgettes!


Everything seems to be growing well. It's the colour I love, looking out the window and seeing the flowers, also it's so rewarding when you eat something you've grown from seed yourself.

Take care
xxx

16 comments:

  1. your garden is looking wonderful.I too like to grow things i can eat.i have got some bits and bobs on the go, but not has many things as you very impressive x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all making a great start - here's hoping for a bumper crop. As I walked back from town this afternoon I spied a garden absolutely bursting with colour. Taking a closer look I found that all the blooms were plastic!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is growing so well Cheryl. I keep saying to my hubby that the plants are speeding ahead and I am lagging behind. Your greenhouse looks very productive. I love the upside down tomato plant! Have a great growing week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much going on there, I never seem to get overwhelmed with courgettes no matter how many plants I grow, shouldn't complain about that one should I! Your clematis is looking lovely, glad your feeling up to moving around now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better now! Your garden is looking lovely, the clematis is a triumph!! I hope that the dogs avoid any more sitting in your pots and that you can get the pots out soon, they all look great and everything will be very pretty when they are all blooming! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many plants already good size. I always love pansies. Yours are pretty. I got all blue ones this year. That and daffodils are all that's blooming in my yard thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick Cheryl and hope you are A-okay now! Your garden is looking very busy and very pretty - your clematis is lovely and your 'outside the kitchen window' basket so sweet! Look after yourself, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plants are so pretty. I'm very sorry to hear about your illness, that was a long time to be sick. I hope you're all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Clematis Cheryl, so many flowers ! Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope you're on the mend now,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you, Cheryl! Hope you're feeling chipper now ... your plants are all doing fabulously well, I don't have a greenhouse unfortunately, so we have lots of plastic trays sitting on windowsills ... not very aesthetically pleasing I'm afraid!

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart being so ill. I am glad you are up and about walking around that gorgeous garden.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you're fully recovered now. Everything's doing so well in your garden. I had some beautiful red geraniums, just like yours, last year. I usually throw them away at the end of the season but they got shoved in the greenhouse and the pots were never cleared out. They were still blooming at the beginning of this year, so they've got a reprieve. I've taken a few cuttings then pruned them very hard and they're growing away again now, I'll get another year out of them. Your clematis is gorgeous, so many flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your red geraniums remind me of my childhood in Switzerland, where these flowers are often found in window boxes. They smell quite nice around dusk. Good luck with your vegetables! I hope that you are feeling well enough soon to spend more time in your lovely garden. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love geraniums, I always think they are the perfect plant for window boxes, so cheerful and pretty. There is lots going on in your garden! I'm sorry you've been unwell, I hope you're over the worst of it now. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. our garden looks to be flourishing, glad you are feeling better, food poisoning is not nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, no! I am SO sorry you were ill--how awful. We have been there; done that, and it is no fun. You have a beautiful garden in which to recuperate, thank heavens. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments